Yearbook Ads for Businesses
The MHS Yearbook staff is now accepting business ads for the 20/21 yearbook. We hope we can count on your support this year! Thank you for supporting the MHS yearbook! DO NOT MISS YOUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY!
To reserve your ad space, please fill out this FORM and deliver it and payment made out to McCormick County School District no later than October 31, 2020. You may deliver the form to the high school or email it to Mrs. Brantley, Yearbook Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Real-time Tutoring through Tutor.com
Tutor.com is now available for SC residents through Discus with real-time tutoring from 8 am -10 pm Sunday – Saturday.
Tutor.com is located on the A-Z list in Discus https://www.scdiscus.org/discus-resources as well as the Grade Level pages.
The K-12 Student Center includes Live Homework Help, WriteTutor Center, Test Prep Center, and a SkillsCenter Resource Library. Tutors are available with no appointment needed!
Tutor.com features a variety of resources for students of all ages:
- Reading assistance for grades K-7 and grades 8-12 including genres, main idea, points of view, and text structures
- Math assistance and drop-off for Algebra I & II, Pre-calculus and Calculus, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Statistics
- Science assistance in biology, chemistry, earth science, and physics
- Writing tutors
- Computer literacy for Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- English assistance including grammar, literature, and vocabulary
- ESL and ELL for grades K-7 and grades 8-12
- Social studies – U.S. History, European History, World History, and Civics
- World languages – French, German, Spanish, and Italian
- SAT, PSAT, and ACT Test Prep
- AP Test Prep
Please contact a school or public library for the username and password for South Carolina residents.
The Pandemic-EBT program was authorized by Congress in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act of 2020. Pandemic-EBT is a one-time, federally-funded benefit to help supplement food-family costs in response to the COVID19 pandemic.
If you have not received the Pandemic-EBT card in the mail or on your SNAP card, please contact our district office at 864-852-0636.The deadline for submitting your letter in order to receive Pandemic-EBT benefits is Friday, September 25th, 2020.
Announcement from the Athletic Director
- 1st home game will be on Thursday Sept. 10 @ 5:30p.m. vs Southside Christian
- Tickets will be sold at the door - $5.00 each (please bring correct change.) *seating is limited*
- 1st home game will be on Friday, Sept. 25 @ 7:30p.m. vs Dixie (tickets will be sold in advance for $8.00.)
*tickets will not be sold at the gate. *
Varsity players will purchase their parent/guardian tickets from Coach Pratt (only 2 tickets per player)
High school students can purchase their tickets during their lunch break on Monday and Tuesday prior to the game from Mrs. Talbert or Mrs. Belton in the front office.
High school teachers/staff can purchase tickets from Mrs. Talbert or Mrs. Belton on Monday and Tuesday prior to the game between 3:00pm & 4:00 pm.
Middle school faculty, staff, & students can purchase tickets from Ms. Middleton on Monday and Tuesday prior to the game at her designated time.
Elementary school faculty, staff, & students can purchase tickets from Mrs. Luchey on Monday and Tuesday prior to the game at her designated time.
All community fans can purchase their tickets from Coach Salliewhite on Wednesday prior to the game in the rear parking lot of the high school from 5:00p.m. To 7:00p.m.
Contact Coach Salliewhite on Thursday prior to the game for additional ticket availability.
McCormick county school district staff members will not be allowed into the games for free this year due to limited seating in our gym and football stadium.
The athletic department will accept all season passes and high school league passes until stadium or gym capacity is met.
*social distancing will be strictly enforced. *
*mask or face covering is required - no exceptions. *
Important Information from Dr. Hembree
- All students will need to wear a mask upon entering school and on all school buses. All car riders will also need to wear a mask upon getting out of the vehicle and walking into school. Students will be asked to wear a mask throughout the instructional day.
- Each student will have his/her temperature taken upon arrival to school. If students have a fever, they will be taken to our designated isolation room (one per school) and will remain there until a parent/guardian can pick them up.
- We will begin meal deliveries this week. Students will be provided with breakfast and lunch on the “off days” if participating in a hybrid model, and of course will be provided with breakfast and lunch each day if participating in our virtual academy. All students will be provided with breakfast and lunch on Fridays as well. If you do not wish to receive these meal deliveries, please contact our cafeteria manager, Mrs. Deborah Walls. However, if you wish to receive the meal deliveries and do not receive them, please contact Mrs. Walls as well.
- Lastly, you will be receiving some guidance from our district nurse, Mrs. Marjorie Batchelor, which outlines DHEC policies and procedures that we will follow. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or need additional guidance as it pertains to COVID-19 and the procedures we will follow.
In response to new regulations issued by the United States Department of Education, we wanted to make sure you are aware of our new Title IX policies and procedures:
McCormick County School District Title IX Coordinator:
Dr. Suzanne Larsen
821 North Mine Street
McCormick, SC 29835
McCormick County School District, as required by Title IX of the Education amendments of 1972 and its corresponding regulations ("Title IX"), does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its education programs or activities. Title IX prohibits gender-based harassment, which, may include acts of verbal, nonverbal or physical aggression, intimidation, or hostility based on sex even if those acts do not involve conduct of a sexual nature. The District prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex or gender in all of its programs and activities by its employees, students or third parties.
Any inquiries should be directed to Dr. Suzanne Larsen, our Title IX Coordinator.
Please see policies JIAB and GBAB to:
- a) learn how to file or report sexual harassment/discrimination complaints
- b) learn how to file a formal complaint on sexual harassment
- c) learn how the district will respond to reports
These policies can be viewed by visiting https://www.mccormick.k12.sc.us/ and looking on the Human Resources Page (Under “Departments”)
On Thursday, March 26, 2020 parents or guardians of K-12 students will be able to sign out their child(ren)'s technology device(s) and charger(s). Please drive behind the McCormick County School District Educational Complex (Bus riders pick-up) from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. School personnel will direct you to the correct car lane for parents and guardians to present their driver's license in order to sign out a device or charger. We have developed a drive through procedure that will enable you to remain in your car. You will be able to sign out devices and chargers for your children at one stop. Just present your driver's license, remain in your car and sign out the appropriate device(s)/charger(s) for your child(ren) and you will be ready for Instruction on March 30.
High school students getting Chromebooks or laptops on Thursday, March 26 must log into the device on the school campus before taking the device home. This allows the school network to configure the device so it can be logged in away from school. Parents coming to pick up their high school age child should bring them to school in order to log in to the device from their car. No one will be allowed to get out of their car.
If you do not want to bring your child to school with you, have them write down their username and password so that you can log onto their device through the district network before you take the device home.
Order Your School Uniform Clothing Here
You may now order school uniform clothing using this link Uniform Pictures and Order Form
Clothing orders may be placed in each school office. Fill out the order form and pay with a check. Credit card orders must be placed at the district office.
ACT 155/ ACT 207 McCormick School District Diploma ApplicationThrough the passage of Act 155 (now Act 207), the South Carolina General Assembly approved the removal of the exit exam as a requirement for graduation beginning with the graduating class of 2015. The elimination of the exit exam (BSAP, HSAP) requirement is retroactive to the graduating class of 1990. Application for a diploma through ACT 155(207)The form may also be printed and mailed to:McCormick County School District821 North Mine Street McCormick, SC 29835You may also fill out a form online Click Here for FormOnce the application is received and the information verified, the school board of trustees must approve the names presented at their monthly scheduled meeting. The names are then submitted to the State Department of Education for approval and printing. This process takes approximately six (6) weeks from board meeting to receipt of diplomas.